WHAT DO TV COMMISSIONERS & BUYERS WANT
This exclusive Spring MIP report gathers testimonials and insights from a panel of TV commissioners and buyers from leading companies worldwide. What is their editorial line? What type of programmes are they looking for?
Hear from the following buyers, among others!
- CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), Canada, Jenna Bourdeau, Senior Director, Acquisitions
- FRANCE TELEVISIONS, France, Caroline Behar, Head of Documentaries, France 5 / Head of Acquisitions & International Coproductions
- ITV, United Kingdom, Sasha BRESLAU, Head of Acquired Series
- RTÉ, Ireland, Dermot Horan, Director of Acquisitions and Co-Productions
- SBS, Australia, Peter Andrews, Head of Network Programming
- SVT – SVERIGES TELEVISION, Sweden, Mikael Osterby, Head of Factual
- Télé-Québec, Canada, Nathalie Mayotte, Content Buyer Acquisitions, Documentaries & Fiction Series
- VPRO, Netherlands, Nathalie Windhorst, Head of factual acquisition
- YLE FINNISH BROADCASTING CO, Finland, Vicky SCHRODERUS, Executive in charge of international co-productions & acquisitions, YLE children’s programs
- ZDF Enterprises GmbH, Germany, Kristina Hollstein, Director Acquisitions and Coproductions Documentaries / Children and Youth ZDF
Below a couple of quotes from key buyers. Download the report to discover all of them and how to best pitch your programmes at MIP Markets.
“Exceptional, outstanding films with high production values, which will appeal to our global audience”
“In terms of Commissioner, we always look for great partners to create synergies and strategies that enable content to reach out the best, local and internationally”
“In copro we look for big and ambitious projects, mostly suitable for prime time audiences. With a dramatic storytelling but with credibility and integrity. Of course, very strong visual treatment is very important for us”
“We rarely do full Commissioners but will pre-buy from suppliers and on topics we trust”
Bringing a multitude of producers, broadcasters, investors and distributors together to discover projects across all stages of development and production, MIPTV & MIPCOM! embody the go-to places for distribution and content development for all genres.
Download the content on the right →